Thursday 22 February 2018

Buying more models and an interview with a fellow lunatic

I am feeling very Spanish at the moment. Well actually, I don't feel very Spanish at all. I'm on the other side of the world, after all. But recently I seem to be being inspired by numerous things from that part of the world. It feels like in various ways, the people over there are keeping the hobby alive and kicking!

First up, I ordered another pile of models from MOM Miniaturas during the Black Friday sales. Granted, they took a while to get here. I gather they've been keeping themselves very busy, with the sales and Christmas and preparation for their upcoming Kickstarter.

This is the second time I've put in a big order with MOM, and although I've painted a few of the ones I got the previous time (a few warrior priests and some heavily armoured Dwarfs), I now have quite the backlog...
My loot spread out on the table for me to fondle...
So what are we looking at there? 12 characters, 3 war machines, 1 giant Dwarf statue, 6 ogre-sized statues, over 100 soldiers and a bit of terrain... Given how affordable MOM are even before the sales, it's amazing how many models you pile up before you hit the free shipping threshold!

Obviously I have a lot of painting to do. But let's face it, we all knew that already.


In other news, I have been interviewed over on The Gates of Kislev blog. The guys there are hard at work trying to get ready for the biggest battle that I never quite got around to doing, and if they manage to maintain the level of quality that they've been delivering so far, it promises to be more glorious than I could have made it. Rogers and his band of merry lunatics really do look like they're going to deliver something special. Go take a look. They are clearly blessed/afflicted with a similar flavour of madness to my own. Here are a couple of photos I have shamelessly stolen from their blog...
Their commitment to scenery is impressive. This is a real investment.
See, they're not messing around...

Right, I'd better go paint something.

2 comments:

  1. Hail oh Greg, he who brings the epicness with him! Such spanishness! I am pleased that somewhere the the world a spanish-speaking hippo is building the gates of Kislev, thus relieving me of the responsibility...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you're not off the hook yet. I still need you to make me Karak Eight Peaks...

      Delete